Payroll Deduction Plan for UNC Employees
UNC Student Stores, in partnership with UNC Employee Benefits, Human Resources, and Payroll
Services is proud to offer full-time, permanent UNC employees a Payroll Deduction program for
the purchase of computers, tablets and accessories from the RAM Shop.
The UNC Employee Computer Purchase (UNC-ECP) Plan offers employees an opportunity to purchase eligible items from the RAM Shop through one initial down-payment and an interest-free payroll deduction loan spread
over six months.
*At this time employees on UNC Health Care payroll are not eligible for this program.
Program Terms and Eligibility
The following criteria must be met to qualify for this program:
- Employee must be a permanent UNC employee with a minimum of six months service.
- Purchase will require a non-refundable 10% down payment at time of purchase and the loan balance must meet a minimum of $50.00 bi-weekly payroll deduction or $100.00 monthly payroll deduction.
- The purchase must include a computer or tablet.
- The purchase total must be at least $667.00 including tax and may not exceed $3,000.00 including tax.
- Use our handy loan calculator to see if your purchase qualifies.
- All devices and accessories are subject to NC Sales tax.
- RETURNS, EXCHANGES, or REFUNDS on this purchase will follow our normal 5-day return policy.
- Accessories purchased with the ECP Plan may be exchanged after the normal 5-day return period for store credit ONLY.
- Any current UNC Employee Computer Purchase Plan loan must be paid-in-full before utilizing the UNC-ECP Plan again (that is, an employee may have only one active loan at any given time).
- Employees whose employment with the University is suspended or terminated for any reason are required to pay their remaining balance immediately.
Computer Purchase Plan Procedures
- Come by the RAM Shop with your One Card or call (919) 962-2038 Monday through Friday 8:00am-4pm for confirmation of your employment status, plan authorization and account setup.
- You will be asked to provide your PID and Social Security number in order to establish a Computer Payment Plan account.
- Upon authorization you will have two weeks to use your account to purchase products.
- After selecting computers, tablets and accessories, a single transaction will be rung up at the RAM Shop register.
- A 10% non-refundable down payment of the total purchase price including tax will be due at time of purchase and should be made with cash or any Store accepted credit card.
- The remaining balance for the loan will be entered onto a payroll deduction form indicating the amount that will be deducted from the purchaser's paychecks over the next six months and the total loan amount the purchaser agrees to re-pay over the next six months.
- The payroll deduction form must be signed by the purchaser and is an agreement to the deduction of equal payments during each pay period for the following six months.
- Payroll deductions will begin on the pay period following the processed purchase.
- Payroll deductions will be taken over 12 pay periods for employees on bi-weekly payroll or 6 pay periods for monthly payroll.